Homemade pesto sauce:
2 cups fresh basil
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup olive oil
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1 Tbsp diced onion
1/16 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 package of Rising Moon Organic Cheese Tortellini 8oz
1/2 cup grape tomatoes
1/4 cup Pecorino Ramano cheese
1/2 cup peas (optional)
Directions for pesto:
- Add nuts, garlic, oil, grated cheese, onion and seasoned salt to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add basil and mix until smooth.
- Prepare Tortellini according to the directions on the package.
- When Tortellini is done cooking return to pot.
- Add pesto sauce to the Tortellini, toss to coat and cook over medium flame for 3-4 minutes or until pesto sauce is heated through.
- Plate and add sliced grape tomotoes and shaved Pecorino Ramano cheese. (Peas optional)